Alternative Futures Group are proud to be signed up to the Driving Up Quality code to demonstrate our commitment to improving services, standards and support for people with learning disabilities.
The Driving Up Quality code sets out specific aims and also seeks to celebrate and share the good work that is going on out there in the sector.
Specifically the Code aims to achieve the following:
- Drive up quality in services for people with learning disabilities that goes beyond minimum standards
- Create and build a passion in the learning disability sector to provide high quality, values-led services
- Provide a clear message to the sector and the wider population about what is and what is not acceptable practice
- Promote a culture of openness and honesty in organisations
- Promote the celebration and sharing of the good work that is already out there
We are dedicated to providing quality care through our person-centred approach, which supports people to be the best that they can be in all that they are and what they want from life.
Below you can find our self-assessment document, which looks in depth at how we work and how well we meet the key principles of the Driving Up Quality code.
The codes principles are:
- Support is focused on the person
- The person is supported to have an ordinary and meaningful life
- Care and support focuses on people being happy and having a good quality of life
- A good culture is important to the organisation
- Managers and board members lead and run the organisation well.
The self-assessment document provides an update on our current process around quality and our approach to the Driving Up Quality Code
You can view our Driving Up Quality Assessment update here.
You can view our update on our actions for Lancashire here.
Find out more about the Driving Up Quality initiative by visiting their website.