AFG’s Clinical Director, Mike Smith gives his top 10 tips on beating the Blue Monday blues
According to popular theory, the third Monday in January is the most depressing day of the year, often called Blue Monday.
To help you beat the January blues, Mike Smith, AFG’s Clinical Director of Mental Health Services, gives you his top 10 wellbeing tips to keep you smiling this Blue Monday.
- Laugh out loud whenever you can, even if you feel sad it really helps.
- Remember life’s pleasures and consider how many of them are free or around you every day.
- Help others and do something positive
- Think of what you have and not what you don’t have, appreciate them more.
- Stay connected: get in touch with family, friends and loved one’s
- Sing with Gusto: Simple, just sing along and add a dance if you want – Earth, Wind and Fire are a must!
- Eat well and value yourself, and your body
- Get active: take part in regular exercise – walking, dancing, cycling.
- Treat yourself to a small pleasure
- Take a break and maintain balance
What will you do to beat Blue Monday?