The Alternative Futures Group Community Team is a group of multidisciplinary specialists including a senior social worker, safeguarding lead, learning disabilities and mental health nurses, advanced practitioners for autism and learning disabilities and social workers.
The team aims to strengthen the links between commissioners and Alternative Futures Group, as well as add value to the existing support we provide. The team already works in close partnership with many local authority Community Teams and can act as a supplement if required.
The support we provide
The team creates bespoke support plans for people supported by Alternative Futures Group and those entering our care. This can be through improving existing support by delivering specialist training to support staff, assessing the individuals’ needs and requirements and developing tailored plans for support.
Our support includes but is not limited to:
- Person Centred thinking, planning and approaches
- Safeguarding, Mental Capacity and Deprivation of Liberty
- Risk Management
- Behavioural support plans and strategies
- Physical, emotional and mental health related issues
- Sensory awareness and approaches
- Best practice in supporting people with autism
- Housing matters
- Signposting to services
- Support with the recruitment and selection of staff
- Advice on Health and social care legislation
- To support with learning and service development, we develop and deliver mandatory and bespoke training and workshop sessions, including coaching and mentoring of staff
The benefits of the Community Team
Tailored interventions and support plans can improve quality of life as they enable people to stay in their own homes for as long as possible. The team delivers specialist training and support to staff where needed. Confident and trained staff are more able to handle and prevent challenges leading to improved quality of care and a happier, more stable workforce.
Can we support you?
The team currently works on a referral basis, where individuals are assessed and interventions created. Individuals can be referred on admission to AFG or by their team leader. Progress is continually monitored and reviewed before a formal evaluation is completed.
To find out more about our Community Team please get in touch.
Telephone: 0845 0176744
Find support: in your local area