Everyone loves a break
We know how important having a break can be for the people we support, their families and carers.
A break can be anything you want it to be. We work collaboratively with the people we support, their families and carers to ensure they get a break from their usual routine and experience something new.
We’re able to support people at home, giving carers some time to themselves or we can support people to take a break away – the choice is yours.
We aim to give the people we support the opportunity to enjoy a break from their daily routine and give families and carers some free time to enjoy activities which otherwise might not be possible.
The support we provide
Short breaks or respite care can last for a few hours, weeks or longer as required. Our Short Break and Respite Support is flexible to meet the needs of both individuals and carers, and takes place in a variety of settings.
Alternative Futures Group can provide a variety of short breaks and respite care, including:
- At home – where support is provided in an individual’s own home whilst their family/carer is away having a break.
- In the community – we can support people to get out and about in the community for a few hours, build new skills, make friends, develop confidence, try new activities, and give family members/carers a regular break.
Community based activities may include:
- Day centres
- Social clubs
- Organised activities – day, evening or weekend opportunities
- Short trips – eg a visit to the Zoo, Blackpool
- Support to go on holiday – we can support people to go on holiday with family members or friends. This might be a weekend away camping in the UK or a few weeks abroad on the beach. We work in partnership with organisation’s providing supported holidays to help people plan the right holiday and experience for them.
- Support with family breaks away – family members/carers get a break from their usual caring role, enabling everyone to enjoy a positive family experience.
- Residential short breaks
- Work experience
The cost of our short break/respite care packages will vary according to what individuals, family members/carers want.
Short breaks and respite care can be funded by individuals, using their direct payment, personal budget or personal health budget, or directly through your local adult care services. Find out more by visiting our Funding advice page.
Can we support you?
To find out more about accessing holidays, short breaks and respite care please get in touch:
Telephone: 0845 0176744
Find support: in your local area