Here we answer some of the most frequently asked questions about our Support Services.
We provide a wide range of innovative and bespoke care services delivering life-enhancing person centred support to people with a diverse range of care needs, including:
- Learning Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
- Mental Health Concerns
- Substance misuse issues
- Complex care
- Young people in transition
Throughout all of our services we focus on personalised support, tailoring services to the needs and aspirations of each individual; supporting them to lead the lives they want as active citizens in their communities.
The price we charge for support varies and we usually charge based upon a competitive hourly rate, but sometimes we charge in different ways to meet each individual’s budgets and goals.
We provide bespoke, individualised packages of support built around each individual’s needs and aspirations.
Get in touch with us for more information about our personalised support.
If you or someone you support or care for needs assistance, please talk to your Local Authority to establish whether they are entitled to assistance.
If you/they are not entitled, you will have to pay for your own support.
We work in partnership with the Citizens Advice Bureau to ensure the people we support get the benefits they are entitled to.
Some of the people we support have their support organised and managed for them by health and social care organisations like Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) or Local Authorities (LA).
Other people choose to use their direct payment to buy their support directly from us, or have an arrangement where funding transfers directly to us and we work in partnership with the person and their family/carer to plan support that works for them.
Request support from us by using our online form.
- THINK about what you want. How do you want to be supported? How much support do you need? What’s important to you? What would you like to achieve? Make a note of everything you want and use this as a framework.
- MEET with different care providers to get a feel for what they do. Don’t just accept the first provider on the list provided by your local authority.
- TAKE NOTE. Is the provider interested in you and what you want? Is this a person-centred approach?
- SPEAK with other people who are also receiving support You’re more likely to get an honest view of the services.
- CHECK OUT reports from the relevant regulatory body. This will all depend on where you live. Look for any other accreditations, awards or evidence of participation in different schemes that show their dedication to providing good service too.
We want everyone to be happy about the support they receive from AFG – so if you are not, please do let us know!
Feedback provides us with the opportunity to improve our support.
You can use any of the following ways to provide us with feedback:
- speak to a member of staff or a manager
- download the Comments and Complaints Leaflet
- see our contact us online form
- speak to a member of our Administration Team, giving a brief description (if you feel able to) on 0151 489 5501
- email us: email@example.com
- write to the Comments/Complaints Administrator: Alternative Futures Group Limited, Lion Court, Kings Drive, Kings Business Park, Prescot, Knowsley L34 1BN.